Thursday, February 24, 2011

holy flu virus, batman.

The last thing anyone who lives in Ohio and is on a beach vacation in February hopes for, is the flu. But, hoping didn't do a bit of good because nearly half of our vacation was spent with me having the flu, Travis hoping not to get the flu, and us both praying Jack didn't start to show symptoms of the flu.

Unfortunately, I wasn't the only one plagued with this virus that has me feeling like I'm on my death bed. My dad got it. My brother got it. And, Jack got it too. :(

After spending Tuesday in bed with Jack all day... coughing, sneezing, aching, sweating, freezing, puking being nauseous, crying, and having severe anxiety about our two flights home on Wednesday, I was certain I've never felt worse in my life. But Wednesday came, and by the grace of God, we made it home. And although I looked forward to a night of good sleep in my own bed, when you have a little one that is sick too, your own needs quickly get pushed aside and that sweet little boy gets to climb into bed with you and proceed to cough in your face all night simply because he's asking to be cuddled. That's love.

I tried catching up some of my blog reading today. At which point I realized just how cloudy my head really is. Fortunately, Travis stayed home today to take care of us. Unfortunately, after all his efforts of nearly overdosing on Airborne (I'm not even sure that's possible, but he's taken alot) he's suddenly not feeling so good either. I'm thankful that Jack and I seem to no longer have as bad of a fever as we have over the past few days, but this cough, headache, body aches, and lack of energy or appetite is getting quite depressing. Not to mention when I do eat, it tastes like "sick". And, I'm not even sure how to describe a "sick" taste to you but all my tastebuds know at this point is cough drops, NyQuil, and Gatorade. "Sick!"

I am hoping, praying, wishing, and crossing every appendage I can that this passes, soon. The only bright side is that this cough seems to be doing serious work on my abs. We're miserable. But we hope you all are doing well and are hanging in there through these gray skies and unruly weather until Spring arrives. Oh, you don't have gray skies and unruly weather? Up yours! *joke*

Any at home remedies any of you can recommend??? I'm almost willing to try anything at this point!

On a lighter note, just as soon as I'm feeling better I think a dinner date is in store so I can rock these babies that I ordered before I left for vacation and were waiting for me when I got home.


They're Carlos Santana Versa found here. Perfect for the inbetween-winter-and-Spring weather for keeping my feet covered but showing off my perfectly polished toesies in bright Spring shade. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for stopping by and as always, for your kind comments. each and every one sure does bring a smile to my face.