Thursday, January 6, 2011

i won't sleep tonight.

Hi. My name is Amanda.
And, I lose sleep over furniture.

Yeah, I said it. I lose sleep.
Over... FURNITURE.

I lay in bed some nights, mind racing over ideas I have or pieces I have that I'm dying to take a paint brush (or sprayer, weather permitting) to. I literally cannot sleep, thinking about making over a piece of furniture.
Some nights.
Tonight is one of those nights.

And, as if I wasn't going to lose enough sleep as it is tonight...
Jack's 3 year well-check is tomorrow and I'm always nervous over doctor appointments,
even well-checks...

I, by complete accident, came across this on Craigslist tonight:



Please tell me you all see the potential?!?!

I'm pretty sure I gasped, loudly, when I saw it.

Asking price: $50, wait for it... OBO.

Uh, I'd offer MORE if I knew it would get this thing home to me!

Last summer I bought an Ikea Ektorp sofa, in white of course, from a gal with an adorable townhome she was moving out of since she was moving in with her boyfriend. In her living room, an antique buffet/sideboard almost identical to this one.

I drooled over it.

It was painted BLACK and distressed heavily.
And, I loved it.

She told me her mother found it for $20 at a thrift store and painted and sanded it for her.
Of course she was taking it with her.

I thought, "Man, I would never have that kind if luck."

Tonight, I can't tell you how badly I'm hoping I was wrong.

I want this buffet.
BAD.

So, please, wish me LOTS of luck in it still being available.
I'll be awake all night waiting on that email.

Anyone who has ever wanted something from Craigslist knows this feeling.
Well, multiply it.
Times a zillion.

I mean, look at this:





*all images courtesy of Google

This could quite possibly be my most desired furniture piece. Ever.

*sigh*

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE! I came across your blog through Little Miss Momma and I'm LOVING it! I lose sleep over furniture too :) I just bought the MOST GORGEOUS dresser and I'm little dreaming of painting it, but it's been raining for 2 days. ugh!! Some people ask my 'why do you have to paint everything?' haha! i love a good transformation! Can't wait to see what you do with this. {I'm also your newest follower!}

    Megan

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by and as always, for your kind comments. each and every one sure does bring a smile to my face.